[plug] Digital TV

Michael Collard quadfour at iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 2 21:55:13 WST 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 17:59, Michael Holland wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Michael Collard wrote:
>
> > Just letting you all know that I now have working Digital TV in Linux
> > with the VisionPlus DVB-T card :). I would grab a couple of screenies
>
> Is that another version of the Technotrend Budget, like Hauppauge
> WinTV-Nova PCI and DPANDA ?  Looks like it from what I can find.

More or less. It doesn't have any decoding capabilities, all left up to
software.

> > but my MPlayer is playing up with X11 output, and I can get a screenie
> > of the hardware overlay xv uses.
>
> You could try "mplayer -vo x11", but I see it looses the aspect ratio.

Yeh, plus it was kinda broken with Gnome 2.6 (metacity). The CVS version
fixed that up fine and I now have a screenie:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~quadfour/ss1.jpg

You can also find it under iinet.binaries :)

> > I do have a question though, what is a good viewer app (non KDE) for
> > DVB? I don't want something like MythTV which is kinda overkill for what
>
> mplayer? You'll need to tell it to de-interlace.
> I'm just using " mplayer -vf lavcdeint".
> What filtering do folks recommend?

Im using -vf pp=lb, doesn't use any CPU from what I can tell but that is
kinda hard to notice on an AMD64 ;)

I've also setup the channels.conf file and mplayer can go from channel
to channel etc, pretty much what I want.

Regards
Michael Collard