[plug] mounting logical drives.

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sat Jul 3 17:35:07 WST 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 16:50, Lee Jamieson wrote:
> Hiya all,
>
> I have made a 5Gb FAT32 partition on my windoze hdd, basically so I can
> share files and stuff from linux to windows and vis-versa.
>
> I am not sure how to get Linux to see the new partition.  Would it help
> if there was a file or something in the partition for Linux to see?
>
> I'm going to try and see if I can do it myself via KDE, but am not sure
> if it'll work.

Are you asking us how to mount a fat partition under Linux?

Just make sure there is a mount point for it and specify -t vfat when
you mount the drive (eg. /dev/hdc2)

eg mount /dev/hdc2 /mnt/windows

This is quite easy however being another to write to the partition from
a user other than root is more of a gotcha.