[OT] RE: [plug] PC/104 POST card

John Usher (Maptek) John.Usher at perth.maptek.com.au
Mon Jul 12 17:12:19 WST 2004

>For future reference, ICP Australia have just quoted $78 + $15 delivery
>(ex-GST price) for the A104-KIT01A seen here:

>http://www.icp-australia.com.au/DataSheets/A104-Kit01A.html

>It can also be used the other way with an additional passive ISA
backplane
>to (temporarily) hang some ISA cards off a PC-104 buss. The PC-104 buss
has
>a lighter drive current spec but it can be used with one (or two) ISA
cards
>for testing and devel purposes.

Thanks, Harry!

In the end I obtained a pc/104->isa adapter and an isa pc/104.

Of course just to be a pain in the arse the ISA adapter, being the full
16 bits, is too long for the SBC board and hits the heatsink on the CPU!
Doh! Still, if I don't quite push the card in the entire way it all
works fine. However I'm probably going to get a dremel and cut the
converter down to an 8-bit ISA bus!

On an equally off-topic note, I am currently investigating an Xscale
board which seems to be more than a match for a celeron-400 board! Its
neat to see the intel linux app more or less just cross compile and run,
too!!!