[OT] RE: [plug] PC/104 POST card

Harry harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Jul 12 17:59:02 WST 2004

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:12:19 +0800 "John Usher (Maptek)" <John.Usher at perth.maptek.com.au> wrote:

> In the end I obtained a pc/104->isa adapter and an isa pc/104.

Hi John

I'm thinking "pc/104->isa adapter and an isa post" was what you meant.

> Of course .. ISA adapter .. too long .. Doh! .. get .. dremel .. cut ..
> down .. to .. 8-bit ISA !

Eek. Noo! What about if you want to re-use the adaptor and test a 16 bit card ?
Can't you dremelise[0] the lower edge of the board to go over the CPU without
amputating 8 bits ?!

Have you got headroom to put a set of PC-104 plug/socket buss connectors
in between the two and another set of stand-offs (I may be misunderstanding
the topology of the problem here. If so, not to worry.)

> On an equally off-topic note, I am currently investigating an Xscale
> board which seems to be more than a match for a celeron-400 board! Its
> neat to see the intel linux app more or less just cross compile and run,
> too!!!

Well, if your code was this portable then you need a pay rise ;-)

All the best
Harry

[0] Yes I know this isn't a word J and C. Resist that Reply button urge