[plug] NFS mount giving "invalid argument" error

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Wed Jul 14 18:46:24 WST 2004

Hi,

I recently changed the /etc/exports on my server at home and now I
can't access one of the NFS mounts.  When I give an
"/etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server reload" then I see an error:

Re-exporting directories for NFS kernel daemon...
10.0.1.101:/archive/mirrors: Invalid argument
erdos.home:/archive/mirrors: Invalid argument
done.

And now I can't mount /archive/mirrors.  There is no 10.0.1.101 on the
network.  (Rather there is, but it's switched off.)  The appropriate
line in my /etc/exports is:

/archive/mirrors        *(async,ro,root_squash) 10.0.1.2(async,rw,root_squash)

I have several lines which are identical bar the directory being
mounted, and they work.  There's no diagnostics in syslog that I can
see, either.  Tried rebooting the server to no avail.

Any NFS gurus on the list?

Cameron.