[plug] NFS mount giving "invalid argument" error

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jul 14 19:29:27 WST 2004

In message <20040714104624.GE862 at cp.yi.org>
on Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 06:46:24PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> I recently changed the /etc/exports on my server at home and now I
> can't access one of the NFS mounts.  When I give an
> "/etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server reload" then I see an error:

This doesn't ring a bell for me: I usually don't retain any knowledge of
NFS, I just look at the man page that lists all the errors and gives
suggestions. However, I can't seem to find any such man page at the
moment :-P

 - what is the output of `showmount` and `showmount -e` on the server?
 - what if you "stop", then "start" ther server rather than "reload"?
 - what are the mount options on erdos.home?