[plug] Rodents and blanking plates

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Wed Jul 14 20:34:42 WST 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 06:18 pm, Harry wrote:
[...]
> Ryan and I discussed the likelyhood that some cases will have snap out
> card bay blanks so we'll need screws (M3's and UNC) and blanking
> plates so tender types don't do the post-install
> "Wah!! You broke my 'puter. Now it has a hole." .. sort of thing.
> These are the Winders first timers I'm talking about of course :-P
[...]
> Harry

Most important those blanking plates - I'm just about to start cleaning up a
computer which has unknowingly also been the home of one or more mice (and
I'm not talking about the pointing type :) They seem to like the dark, warm
internals, but mouse piddle plays havoc with the circuits...
This is not the first computer I have had to repair for this reason, so now I
make sure all the 'mouse-house' entry points are covered.

Steve

--
"Most men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most pick themselves
up and continue on as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill