[plug] [OT] props to Harris Technology

ranime ranime at westnet.com.au
Thu Jul 15 15:06:23 WST 2004

Thank you Ben,
So, the way I understand it now from what you have said is that,
if the modem router handles the authentication/logon-passwd etc, then no
need for 'bridged mode' ?

Is the security risk any different with or without it ?

also, is the following correct ?
If the modem router has or has not got a built in firewall
NAT or no NAT (wich is not a true firewall)
you could still configure and use shorwall etc... with or without
'bridged mode' ?

thanks Max.