[plug] Bridging in ADSL modems

ranime ranime at westnet.com.au
Fri Jul 16 13:38:49 WST 2004

This is what I want to achive,

ADSL modem/router with 4 eth switch
supplies internet access to four linux pc's.

Each computer can access the internet,
and each other using NFS or samba.

Each computer is running shorwall firewall.
The IP addresses of the computers are static assigned.

Will this work ?

also, from what I understand, is that if the modem
  is not in 'bridged mode' then the modem handles the authentication
etc..  so how can i monitor the internet traffic from any computer on
the network without having a ppp-oe client running on the computer ?
and being that the adsl modem/router is not in visual sight.

Have I misunderstood how this is supposed to work ?

Thanks again

Max....