[plug] Mandrake mirrors

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Fri Jul 16 21:34:40 WST 2004

Joel Johnson wrote:

> Just installed Mandrake 9.0 on an older laptop (Pentium 1). Mandrake 10
> didn't want to install so reverted to the older version. Now trying to
> do an update but it seems that the Mandrake 9.0 mirror on 3FL is no
> longer maintained.
>
> Does anyone know if I have to use a mirror for Mandrake 9.0 or can I use
> the Mandrake 9.2 mirror on 3FL?
>
> Alternatively, does anyone know of any Mandrake 9.0 mirrors in the WAIX
> neighbourhood?
>
> TIA
>
> Joel

Hi Joel,

I can't help you with the mirror question, but can you let me know what
laptop you have and why Mdk 10 won't install on it ?

I have an HP NX9010
(http://www.ht.com.au/Scripts/xworks.exe?PART:M1158#Tof), I've google'd
and haven't found anything usefull.

James Budworth suggested reburning CD 1 at the lowest speed and see if
that works, I downloaded and reburned the ISO at my burner's lowest
speed but I still can't get Mdk 10 Official to get past the initial
install stage - it hangs at the end of hardware detection.

I would download and burn Mdk 9.2 but I don't have any burnable CD's
with me and I haven't got around to buying any.

Tomorrow I leave for Karlstad and a mate there has Intel based hardware
I can test my installations CD's on to see if they work. He also has a
burner and prolly CD's so I might give Mdk 9.2 a go from his place.

Cheers
Kai

--
currently in Södertälje, Stockholm, Sverige