[plug] Mandrake mirrors

Joel Johnson jjohnson at westnet.com.au
Sat Jul 17 00:12:19 WST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kai" <vk6ksj at westnet.com.au>
> Hi Joel,
>
> I can't help you with the mirror question, but can you let me know what
> laptop you have and why Mdk 10 won't install on it ?

Kai, primary problem for me is that Mandrake 10 CDs don't have the
appropriate USB image file on the disk despite the docs saying it is there.
This is a known bug and has been reported on the Mandrake bug-reporting
site. I managed to get it to start the installation using the PCMCIA image
file using a PCMCIA CD drive but it started reporting lack of resources
before it even got to the partitioning section.

I have a Sharp  PC-A250 - a Pentium 1 sub-notebook sort of like the Toshiba
Protégés so no built in CD or floppy. Under Mandrake 9.0 it was a dream to
install. Has a Trident graphics chip so missed out on all of the "fun" of
getting a nVidia chip working under X (past experiences with nVidia on
Toshiba laptops).

Joel