[plug] Internet logs and firewall

Michael Holland myk at westnet.com.au
Thu Jul 22 10:44:33 WST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Aaron Thorn wrote:

> In mandrake 10 is there any logs that keep a track on what internet sites you
> have visited?

Judging by the auto-completion of previously visited URLs in mozilla, I'd
say yes. See the Mozilla Feelthy Perverts FAQ for ways to disable that.
Remember, Echelon and your God are always watching.

As well as the web browser, its possible you (or your ISP) are using a
proxy (squid?) which may keep logs. The OS itself does not log IP traffic by
host or domain.

> PS. How do you change your computer name?

See 'hostname' command.
On Mandrake startup, you can put it in /etc/sysconfig/network ,
or just /etc/hosts (or DNS?) if the port is up on boot.

--
Reading this .sig? So are your customers.