[plug] Newbie Install of Debain "woody"

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Fri Jul 23 09:07:25 WST 2004

Arie Hol wrote:

> apt-setup would not accept the above settings - played around a bit and edited
> /etc/apt/sources.list which now looks like this :
>

> deb file:/mnt/setup/   dists/woody/main/binary-i386/
> deb file:/mnt/setup/   dists/woody/contrib/binary-i386/

A better way to achieve exactly the same thing is with the one line:

deb file:/mnt/setup woody main contrib

You might want to put non-free on the end of the line too -- but you'd
probably have to use an HTTP or FTP mirror site because the CDs don't
include non-free.  e.g.

deb http://ftp.it.net.au/debian woody non-free

> > Then run update-modutils.
> update-modutils not on my machine

(Ooops, I got the name wrong, should be update-modules.)

Cameron.