[plug] Newbie Install of Debain "woody"

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Fri Jul 23 20:44:51 WST 2004

For those that  are curious about the version that I have installed - it is Debian - 3.0r2 "woody".

Thanks for all the advice, and thanks again to Cameron.

Since my last problem, I have moved on and installed ssh and I am now able to access my Linux box
from my Win98 boxes using Putty and Winscp.

It seemed just too easy, doing it the Debian way as compared to RH 7.3.

I have achieved more in 48 hours with Debian (and Cameron's advice) than I ever did with RH in six
months.

Now it's time be be bold again and try to install more essential features on my new Linux box, so I
guess I will be back soon with more problems and seeking more help.