plug-newbies at plug [was: [plug] Hacker Nights (was ** July Workshop Notice **)]

Marc Wiriadisastra marc-w at smlintl.com.au
Tue Jul 27 08:29:37 WST 2004

Ariel I in no way agree with it but I thought you were being a bit
emotional with that statement.

I mean I don't or didn't take in any way a comment by what people said
as saying they don't want to help or don't want to contribute to help
others.  I took it in the simplest thing that they want to get the
"coders" together for open source growth.  Now I know I'm not a coder so
it would be ill informed of me to turn around and jump up and down and
say I want to join.  Thats not to say I don't want to learn to
contribute further in that way.

I've seen and been a part of other lists where you have a list that has
install questions because "newbies" have install issues and another list
that has everything else questions I like that idea since if I install
Debian for instance I'm a complete stupid noob yet on Fedora or a Red
Hat based systems I'm not that much of a noob.  I can set most things up
I just struggle with Debian thats all.

Anways my 0.02
Marc