[plug] Booting linux of an iPod?

Adam Hewitt ahewitt at globaldial.com
Thu Jul 29 09:16:34 WST 2004

Hi All,

I was wondering if it is possible to get a linux install onto an iPod
and then get the PC/laptop to boot off USB and boot the linux install
off the iPOD? The reason I ask is that I have recently changed jobs, and
I have been given a laptop. However with the implementation of an SOE I
am unable to modify anything on it, but I would like to be able to boot
into linux to get some development work done.

The reason I am asking about the iPOD, is because I would obviously need
an external drive for this undertaking, but I will shortly be in the
masket for a HDD mp3 player so if I could combine the two that would be
awesome.

Any ideas or info would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Adam.