[plug] init load order

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jul 29 15:59:35 WST 2004

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0407291550420.22579-100000 at guild.murdoch.edu.au>
on Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 03:52:39PM +0800, Shayne O'Neill wrote:
> Hey. On the guilds secure massmail (student notification) and db server
> I'm havign a problem with load order.

It runs Linux, yes? Debian?

> The mailer is a custom hacked mailman with a mysql backend. Problem is ,
> that the system loads mailman's qrunner before mysql loads, causing the
> qrunner to get puzzled and fall on its head.

So, you have something like this:

% /sbin/runlevel
N 2
% ls /etc/rc2.d/*mailman
/etc/rc2.d/S20mailman
% ls /etc/rc2.d/*mysql
/etc/rc2.d/S50mysql

?

> How do I change the load order.

Rename S20mailman to S51mailman. (The only hickup is if the Debian
package decides in future to add S20mailman back in. However, I'm
pretty confident that it understands what you have done and leaves
it be.)