[plug] ssh

Marc Wiriadisastra marc-w at smlintl.com.au
Fri Jul 30 08:37:39 WST 2004

Hey people I'm going to try and deal with one problem at a time. I took
your advice and decided to find out what the go is with ssh ignore
putty.  I don't know I got it that verbose when I ssh.

The situation is this.  I have a laptop that runs FC I boot into kde so
I can use open office so cause I'm in kde I use konsole.

I jump in and type this command.

ssh -vvv marc-w at blahblah

It is all within the one network so if I just put the ip down it
wouldn't make a difference.

I get this error.

debug1: Trying private key: /root/.ssh/id_rsa
debug3: no such identity: /root/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Trying private key: /root/.ssh/id_dsa
debug3: no such identity: /root/.ssh/id_dsa
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug3: authmethod_lookup keyboard-interactive
debug3: remaining preferred: password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled keyboard-interactive
debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive
debug2: userauth_kbdint
debug2: we sent a keyboard-interactive packet, wait for reply
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug3: userauth_kbdint: disable: no info_req_seen
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug3: authmethod_lookup password
debug3: remaining preferred:
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled password
debug1: Next authentication method: password
marc-w at smlintl.com.au's password:
debug3: packet_send2: adding 64 (len 59 padlen 5 extra_pad 64)
debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
debug1: Authentication succeeded (password).
debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
debug3: ssh_session2_open: channel_new: 0
debug2: channel 0: send open
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug2: callback start
debug2: ssh_session2_setup: id 0
debug1: channel 0: request pty-req

and then goes through the tty modes and connection closed.