[plug] ssh

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jul 30 08:43:56 WST 2004

In message <41099853.1010600 at smlintl.com.au>
on Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 08:37:39AM +0800, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> ssh -vvv marc-w at blahblah

Have you ever successfully logged into that machine before? If not,
perhaps your account has not been set up to permit interactive sessions
(this may be a security measure). At the bottom of this e-mail I have
quoted the lines which indicate that you *are* successfully logging into
blahblah. Therefore, your problem is not related to your password. I
would check on blahblah that you have a valid "shell" (e.g. /usr/bin/zsh
or /bin/bash), and that you don't have any mistakes in your shell's
"startup scripts".

> debug1: Authentications that can continue:
> publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
[...]
> debug1: Next authentication method: password
> marc-w at smlintl.com.au's password:
[...]
> debug1: Authentication succeeded (password).
> debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
> debug3: ssh_session2_open: channel_new: 0
> debug2: channel 0: send open
> debug1: Entering interactive session.
[...]