[plug] Software License Evaluation

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Tue Jun 1 14:14:03 WST 2004

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 03:56:23PM +1000, Onno Benschop wrote:
> Uhm how do you figure. There is nothing in the GPL that says I cannot
> sell code. There is nothing that is stopping me from making a copy of
> Linux and selling it to you.

*Leon wakes up* (it is, after all, only 2pm  :)

Yes, you're right.  So long as you only ever release that modified code
under the GPL, there is no problem selling it as well.  It would,
however, restrict you from relicensing it in the future.

--
 Leon Blackwell                | Be a part of the Open Source
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | Community, not the Open Source