[plug] Enlightenment and gdm

Greg Lane lanes at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 1 19:44:54 WST 2004

Hey all,

I have another simple(i hope) problem that i have been unable to work
out and hope somebody can offer some advice.

I use gdm and gnome mainly on my debian box and wanted to try using
enlightenment as i used it several years ago.

I have installed enlightenment but i cannot get it to run. It does not
appear in the gdm list at all. Google has offered some fragmented advise
and so far i have :

Set it as default in   update-alternatives --config x-window-manager

and added a file in    /usr/share/xsessions/

I am only fairly new to gui linux having used it as a server for many
year. Any advise would be appriciated.

Thanks

Greg