[plug] [OT] Possible new assoication

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Jun 1 20:12:30 WST 2004

Hello,

For a few years now I have been planning to start a new assoication that
will promote and foster businesses (especially franchises) with open
source business plans that can be freely replicated and contributed to
in such the same fashion that open source software is.

It is, however, a much more serious issue (not trying to say that open
source software is any less important) as open source businesses will
produce products and services as well as employ people.

I see this as an exciting development that will shape the landscape of
the 21st century.

I wrote the the proposted objectives sometime ago and would like to
encourage further discussion, admendments and a possible ratifciation.

Please contact me if you are interested in membership. This is
obligation free of course.

I realise this is Linux discussion list but we do often talk about Open
Source as Linux is the flagship open source operating system. My
interest in Open Source Business plans is the reason I started using
Linux in the first place.

If there is enough interest a new mailing list for discussion of open
source business plans may be started.

regards,

Chris Caston
(possible) Secretary of the new assoication

                    Open Source Business Association

                              Objectives:

In the face of the closed and obscured nature of business operations

and the isolation of an unimaginable quantum of human brain

power, talent and creativity

We as enthusiasts of the free sharing of knowledge, decisions,

design and discoveries resolve to

Develop a framework to allow all people of earth to focus their talent
and creativity through the creation of truly transparent companies that
are collectively formed and operated by people all over the world
regardless of their race, religion, gender or economic status and
operate to benefit, preserve and repair natural environments and
ecosystems.

We believe that our cause is to become one of the greatest in human
history and will make capitalism work in favor of all people by creating
a global culture of abundant common social wealth

We further resolve to achieve our means through the formation of the

Open Source Business Association