[plug] Booting ISO image files

Martin marty at supine.com
Wed Jun 2 10:14:46 WST 2004

$quoted_author = "Trevor Phillips" ;

> I read through the Grub docs and didn't see anything about booting an image
> stored within another partition. I didn't read up on the prompt options,
> though, so it could've been in that. I'll have to have a closer look at grub
> one of these days...

after some more of my own perusal, i don't think even grub can boot a
kernel stored in an iso9660 image. it supports a number of filesystems
but not, to my understanding, iso9660 contained on an ext2/3 partition.

marty

--
M. Cullen  "I suffered from chronic hypochondria for years, eventually went to
	    a naturopath, and was cured with a course of broad-spectrum

[1] - http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/12/08/1070732142498.html