[plug] Booting ISO image files

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Tue Jun 1 13:02:58 WST 2004

On Saturday 29 May 2004 15:59, Martin wrote:
> $quoted_author = "Trevor Phillips" ;
>
> have you looked at grub? it has a shell which allows you to boot any
> image you have on disk with whatever parameters if you so choose. it
> does have a menu config file where you can specify frequently used
> setups, but you can edit these too before you boot from them.

I read through the Grub docs and didn't see anything about booting an image
stored within another partition. I didn't read up on the prompt options,
though, so it could've been in that. I'll have to have a closer look at grub
one of these days...

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |