[plug] [OT] Possible new assoication

caston at arach.net.au caston at arach.net.au
Wed Jun 2 13:23:28 WST 2004

;snip
> Sounds like your trying to make boy scouts ot of us all ;-)

I'll try my best :)

> Do you have a charter drawn up, or any sort of informational webpage

No, I've had one up before though but didn't renew the domain name. I can host stuff so will set
one up again soon.  Once it is registered as a non-for-profit organisation then I can get a .org.au
for it.

I have a fair bit of documentation that I have written up much of it is out of date though and
needs to be revised. I have my business plan in various stages (but it is still under heavy
development) and this explains a lot about how the Open Source company is going to operate. I
have released it under the Design Science License in the past but may consider another license
perhaps from Creative Commons.

>that
> might explain HOW it purposes to accomplish this very googleish "do no evil"
>
> statement?

The important part is "Develop a framework to allow all people of earth to..."

It's a set of standards to follow when building an open source company and set out the business
operations so that people can view the business plan online and propose and enact changes. This
will also give information on how to replicate the business in a franchise like nature so that
people can setup the business in their own area, town, state or country.

The assoication just sets out the standards and ecourages people to start new open source
companies while providing full support. It also enables companies to have set standard that
allow them to interoperate with each other. Think digital supply chain and ERP2.

There will also be lots of compontents that could give used in one company (ie the operations
plan and technical details on setting up a VOIP based call-center) that could also be used in
others. If you starting a new business why not use examples of stuff that's already there?

There's lots of other feel good stuff about how I believe that this is THE solution to the
unemployment problem because it will be much easier to start a new open source company or
become involved in an existing one that it will be to get into traditional employment through
standard recruitment processes.

We won't promise to solve the unemployment problem but we adocate a new type of business
that we believe will operate much better.

> Senectus
>
> --
> “I don’t think Bastard goes anywhere near to describing the unmitigated scum
>
> sucking, bottom feeding toerag that is me. But hey – who knew shit could be
> worth so much
”  - Simon Travaglia BOFH (Could have easily been Darl McBride