[plug] [link] welcome to wonderland (C) Microsoft Corporation 2004

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Thu Jun 3 18:59:31 WST 2004

Sol wrote:
> Sorry if this has been posted before, but perhaps this is so ludicrous
> it deserves a special mention. The US Patents Office has just granted
> a patent to Microsoft for the 'double-click'.
>
> http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/02/1086058889577.html
>
> I wonder what this means for GNOME?
>
> cheers; sol

Sorry, but the link supplied does not work for me so I cannot read  the
details.  However, from what Patrick says, the patent should never have
been granted since I have been using that technique for the last 7 years
to set the clock in my car radio!  Even if it had not been patented
before, if something has been in public use for over a year it is not
eligible for a patent in the US.  But then they might have snuck a
change through without telling anyone.

Jim

--
You can't stay young forever,
   but you *can* be immature the rest of your life.