[plug] [OT] XSTL .vs. PHP .vs. ???

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Jun 3 21:09:17 WST 2004

Tim White wrote:

| I am trying to work out the best way to handle the animal data
| although I want to store it in XML.

"I am trying to work out the best way to store my stamp collection,
although I want to use a container made out of soggy cardboard."

| The server I am using only has Apache and PHP (4 i think) and no
| database access. I am also hoping to be able to produce the IZoo in
| such a way that it can be put onto a CD-ROM and used for offline
| browsing.

This, to me, cries out for having a script to generate a tree of
static HTML pages from some other source - either XML files or a
database or some custom format that's easy to parse.

Cameron.