[plug] X configuration

nofixed nofixed at westnet.com.au
Mon Jun 7 17:01:42 WST 2004

Hi

I have just installed debian "woody", and have a lovely text console.
I cannot get X started.

The XF86Config-4 generated by debconf does not work.  Either "no
device" or "no screen" depending on how I specify the bus location.
The AGP video card is nVidia MX440SE 128MB, and the only driver I see
is nv.

xf86config is no better.  As I am using Windows to post this, I
cannot include the device and screen sections for analysis.

Could someone please post samples of good screen and device sections?

Also, is there a newbie-grade text-mode network configuration tool
around?

Thanks
Jim