[plug] how ,do you load a module on boot in Mandrake 10?

Michael Holland myk at westnet.com.au
Tue Jun 8 10:56:16 WST 2004

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Scott Middleton wrote:

> > I am using Mandrake 10 Official, kernel version 2.6.3-7mdk
> >
> > I am trying to load a module on boot but am having no success with what
> > I´ve tried.
> >
> Believe it or not :)
> /etc/modprobe.preload

Thanks for that. Why is it so obvious? Not to me. /etc is so crowded with
junk, and the old config files are still there, unused.
I recently tried Mandrake 10, and found /etc/modules not
working. It would have been nice if it had comments to say it was not used
by new kernels, and refer the user to modprobe.preload.

  So I can now see why modules.conf wasn't working either.
For 2.6 kernel, the changes need to be copied into /etc/modprobe.conf .

Seems to be exactly the same format too. I suppose Rusty or whoever must
have had a good reason for changing the names.