[plug] how ,do you load a module on boot in Mandrake 10?

Scott Middleton scott at linuxit.com.au
Tue Jun 8 11:15:22 WST 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 10:56, Michael Holland wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Scott Middleton wrote:
>
> > > I am using Mandrake 10 Official, kernel version 2.6.3-7mdk
> > >
> > > I am trying to load a module on boot but am having no success with what
> > > I´ve tried.
> > >
> > Believe it or not :)
> > /etc/modprobe.preload
>
> Thanks for that. Why is it so obvious? Not to me. /etc is so crowded with
> junk, and the old config files are still there, unused.
> I recently tried Mandrake 10, and found /etc/modules not
> working. It would have been nice if it had comments to say it was not used
> by new kernels, and refer the user to modprobe.preload.

I didn't mean for it to be sound obvious I meant it like "I can't
believe this is how they do it or why the change or why doesn't Nvidia
tell me this, surely a few people have installed Mandrake10 with a
Nvidia card?"  ;) Actually i found the answer on google so I am not even
sure it is the correct way to do it. But it works for me and it is easy.

<snip>
Regards

--
Scott Middleton <scott at linuxit.com.au>