[plug] Cdr data recovery with Linux

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Jun 10 18:13:16 WST 2004

Try it on a couple of different cd drives - I have noticed that some
drives (Dell laptops are a case in point) seem to drop dead on some CD's
that other drives read fine - best one is often the one it was created
on in the first place if its accessible.  cdrtools has a couple of
programs that may also help create a good iso: check out readcd from
that package which can reread sectors a number of times until it is
happy with the data obtained.

Check the cd for fingerprints or removable marks if you have not done so
already.  A borderline drive, and dirt in the wrong place equals no go.

been there, done that ... many times
BillK