[plug] Odd errors in log..

Senectus - senectuskal at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 11 09:58:50 WST 2004

Our old 7.2 SuSE locked up completely this morning (no crtl alt f1, f2 and
no ping either) so I went looking for some reason and found these odd errors
in the /var/log/warn :
Jun  9 23:18:43 pthlnx01 kernel: Uhhuh. NMI received. Dazed and confused,
but trying to continue
Jun  9 23:18:43 pthlnx01 kernel: You probably have a hardware problem with
your RAM chips

Interesting terminology.. :-P
How can I check for bad ram on a currently uptime critical linux box?

Senectus

--
Attacking Linus' integrity and character is like clubbing baby seals.  - PJ,
Groklaw.net