[plug] Snappy UI

Nathan Alberti nathan at nathanalberti.com
Fri Jun 11 16:49:46 WST 2004

Onno,

1st things I would look at are removing any unnecessary services
(assuming you don't use them) things like Exim/Lpr/Portmap etc..etc..
Try a lightweight Window manager, I like IceWm, endure your drives are
running at their optimum (man hdparm) and you have adequate swap space
(512mb ram should be fine).

You should really consider going down the re-compile path, upgrading a
kernel with Debian is a snap and can make a big difference, strip out
all the crap you will never need, bare minimum config and compile for
the appropriate architecture.

HTH,

Nathan