[plug] distcc benchmark

Craig Foster fostware at westnet.com.au
Sun Jun 13 01:25:42 WST 2004

With all the reliance on nested makes, distcc doesn't perform as good as it
first seems.
Next-door's LFS with Kernel 2.6.1 and KDE-everything 3.2 spent the bulk of
its time on the main machine preprocessing and performing the makes for the
current subdirectory. Lucky he went SMP...

Have you tried the Knoppix-distcc boot-from-CD? Indispenable for this kind
of stuff. :)

> what commands will wipe anything to do with that file (emerge
> -C file?)
>
> MungoTheB

> Find love today with ninemsn personals. Click here:
> http://ninemsn.match.com?referrer=hotmailtagline

Almost as tasteful as the  Personals advertising on SlashDot every so often
:P

CraigF.