[plug] distcc benchmark

Mungo TheB mungotheb at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 13 11:53:27 WST 2004

>With all the reliance on nested makes, distcc doesn't perform as good as it
>first seems.
>Next-door's LFS with Kernel 2.6.1 and KDE-everything 3.2 spent the bulk of
>its time on the main machine preprocessing and performing the makes for the
>current subdirectory. Lucky he went SMP...

currently running gentoo-dev-sources 2.6.5 r1 on test machine 3 (the monitor
proved it was working)
but I WOULD like to test the speed with distcc and without
YES some stuff only compiled on one machine but watch it fly accessing the
other computers :)
yes dosent mean its faster (thats why I want to test speed)

installed koffice and that switched between single and multiple at times.

MungoTheB