[plug] quake

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Jun 14 08:31:32 WST 2004

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 09:35, Richard Bowles wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone had a copy of quake 3 arena for linux they
> would like to part with (or make a backup copy of)

This is close enough to warezing to be a problem. Please choose another
list to do that on.

John's reply, however, was safe in that it only addressed the question
by assuming that everything in question was totally legitimate.

If you want to ask people to copy commercial software for you, you need
to explain why you think this would be legal (e.g., "I have the
original CD to hand, and can show it to you, complete with my dog's
toothmarks.").

PLUG has so far had very clean hands WRT warez, and I'd like to keep it
that way. There are plenty of warezing groups around if your tastes run
that way.

Cheers; Leon