[plug] SMS gateways

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 13 20:51:24 WST 2004

one possibility: iinet have an email::sms gateway for their accounts
(both ways)

sms a message to an iinet email account, forward to your server, process
and use your list of numbers to spam back via the web interface

You get 10 (?) a month and then pay for extra.  An approach to them may
produce an API you can access directly?  Other full service ISP's may
have something similar.

A quick search of freshmeat ("sms gateway") shows a number of sms::email
gateway programs - one of which uses gnokki and presumably controls a
nokia phone via a data cable so you dont even need a third party.

BillK