[plug] SMS gateways

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sun Jun 13 21:36:56 WST 2004

On 13 Jun 2004 at 20:30, Shayne O'Neill wrote:

> I'm looking at building a facility as follows
>
> Someone sends an sms to a number, this is then fwded to an email list and
> a list of perhaps 20-30 sms numbers. This is for a charity mob that need a
> rapid response facility
>
> Any suggestions, cheapness is a bonus.
>
> I've heard MBOX are good, but dont see any evidence that they accept
> incoming sms's , and ALL of the pages I've found are useless in terms of
> detail.
>
> Telstra have a service, but theres a $2,500 fee for the setup for the
> api..... er, no.

Ozemail have a service called "OzEmail SMS Communicator" it is intended for PC to mobile messaging
but it works both ways.

I think you will find it supports most of the functions you are seeking.

More info at:

http://homesite.service.ozemail.com.au/products/sms/index_html

SMS Monthly Plans
-----------------------------
Name  					Price  		Units included  	Excess per unit

SMS Casual			Nil			Nil					$0.28

SMS 20 Monthly		$4.00		20					$0.25

SMS 50 Monthly		$8.00		50					$0.25

Prepaid SMS Plans
Name 							Price 		Credits 	Expiry (months)

SMS Message Block 20		$5.00		20			1

SMS Message Block 100		$22.00		100		3

SMS Message Block 200		$40.00		200		6

They provide a downloadable software package for Windows for free  - but I 'm not sure if they
support Linux with one.

http://homesite.service.ozemail.com.au/help/download_centre/HomeSite/products/sms/ozemail_mm.exe

HTH