[plug] Fwd: new to linux

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Mon Jun 14 18:51:40 WST 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 15:09, James Devenish wrote:
> Message from a non-subscriber. If you have a response, please send
> replies directly to this person or him know how to subscribe. Thanks.
>
> ----- Forwarded message from shive samy <motigo3 at yahoo.com> -----
> Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 00:03:00 -0700 (PDT)
> From: shive samy <motigo3 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: new to linux
>
> Dear Sir.,
>
> I have been kindly referred to you by Linux Australia.Can you advise me
> please .

What distribution of Linux are you using?

> The screen says what kind of mouse I am using.There is
> Usb,universal etc.. but the OK box puzzles me and cancel box as the
> mouse is not working I tried ENTER but it does not work.

Is this in X-Windows or in the installer perhaps?

Try pressing Shift-numlock. This should allow you to move the cursor
using the numeric pad. Press the 5 button to left click. I believe the /
* buttons allow you to toggle 5 between left, middle and right click but
I don't remember the specifics.

> Another query is how to make yahoo japan page which is in Japanse being
> recognised and fonts appear in Kanji.Encoding in View does not exactly
> work.

No idea.