[plug] Video Card Woes

Daniel Pearson gpearson at iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 14 19:14:12 WST 2004

Just built a new box (just gonna use it as a test machine for teh linux),
using an Asrock k7vm4 motherboard. Had a PCI Radeon 9200SE laying around (a
dual monitor one, one vga + 1 dvi), so I plugged it in disabled the onboard
video on the mobo, and set PCI to be the main graphics. Thats all good, and
works fine. However, as soon as I plug the 2nd monitor in, it dies/freezes
up. And i've ruled out the actual monitor being faulty as well, as I tried
both i.e. swapped them

Has anyone else come across a similar problem, and if so - is there a fix?
or should I just use an AGP card.

Regards,
Daniel