[plug] Unresolved module references

Jim nofixed at westnet.com.au
Mon Jun 14 21:14:49 WST 2004

Hi

With Bernard's help I now have debian 2.4.26 up an running - mostly.  I
had several unresolvled references reported when booting until I made
the new System.map available.  The errors went away.

Then I did an "apt-get upgrade" using ftp.uwa.edu.au unstable.  124
packages were upgraded, including the nvidia driver.  X stopped working.
A re-install (recompile) of the nvidia driver fixed that.

However, the unresolved references have returned.  I have checked the
logfiles and some 17000 labels are obtained from System.map so it seems ok.

The following modules are listed:
    /lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/crypto/tcrypt.o
                              /fs/nfs/nfs.o
                              /fs/nfsd/nfsd.o
                              /fs/smbfs/smbfs.o
                              /sunrpc/sunrpc.o

Have I stuffed the kernel build or is something else not quite right?

TIA
Jim Householder