[plug] Notebooks

Adam Ashley adam_ashley at softhome.net
Tue Jun 15 23:18:54 WST 2004

working on a centrino atm, while yes its raw performance is less than a
p4m, the extra battery drain the p4m has isnt worth it. I use my laptop
as my primary working platform I make use of the cpu speedstepping. I
use the speedfreq daemon in dynamic mode and frankly 90% of the time it
sits at the lowest speed setting which is 600MHz (its a 1.5ghz pentium
M).

The wireless works perfectly using ndiswrapper
(http://ndiswrapper.sf.net/). the proper intel drivers are under
development, they tend to drop connections and restart their fireware a
bit much to be really useable atm but they are promising.

The best bit on the centrino is the 5+hr battery life on my little 1.4kg
laptop :)

Adam