[plug] You don't have to be a Linspert to use Linux !

Jacqueline McNally j-conversations at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Wed Jun 16 13:40:14 WST 2004

Kai Jones wrote:

> I installed Linspire 4.5 on our IT laptop a few weeks ago, default boot
> mode was set to Linux.....anyway, I got the laptop out just now to have
> a look at some stuff and Linspire was in sleep mode, so I woke it up and
> thereäs a srtuctural reveiew sitting there looking at me, done in OOo
> 1.1 and complete with diagrams, all the usual font formatting etc etc
>
> What's the point of this post ? the CEO borrowed the laptop, he's cluey
> but not very computer literate, he prolly didn't know it wasn't windows,
> prolly didn't know he wasn't using Microsoft Word and did the whole lot
> without any help from IT !
>
> There is hope.... ;)

Thanks for sharing this Kai.

Recently, I posted an article
(http://www.cxotoday.com/cxo/jsp/index.jsp?section=News&subsection=Business&subsection_code=1&file=template1.jsp&storyid=1054
) to the OOo Marketing Project list, because it said:

"Regarding the use of Linux and Open Source software, Prudential ICICI
prefers to stick to its ‘Microsoft Standard’. Prasath reasoned, “We are
using Linux only for SMTP. All our desktops run on Windows. Having
invested a significant amount on MS Office licenses, switching to an
alternate office productivity suite (like Sun’s Star Office) will be
almost impossible. The training costs for the new package will far
exceed the price difference between the two.”"

I'm going to visit the site again, to see if you can post comments, in
which case I think yours is worth posting there, as it is a beauty :)

All the best
Jacqueline McNally

--
OOo for three whole days -  bliss!