[plug] Notebooks

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Wed Jun 16 13:53:48 WST 2004

Chris Caston wrote:

| > Maybe we'll have to start replacing the screen every 2 years when we
| > replace the battery.
|
| I honestly thing they should sell laptops that don't even have batteries
| and rely either solely on AC or let you put a universal battery into the
| USB port.

What exactly is the point of a laptop with no battery!?  Having to lug
a separate battery around with you would be a bit of a pain, too.
(For that matter, I'd be surprised if USB would be remotely practical
for putting power /into/ a laptop.)

| But then again I also believe you should be able to refill your printer
| the same way your refuel your car.

With some inkjet printers and most lasers, you can.

Cameron.