[plug] PLUG archives - weird dates

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jun 17 18:20:59 WST 2004

In message <1087467220.9966.1.camel at Shambhala>
on Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 06:13:40PM +0800, Sham Chukoury wrote:
> Just going through the PLUG archives -
> http://mail.plug.linux.org.au/pipermail/plug/
> Why are there archives for June 2035, August 2030, March 2020 and July
> 2010? :-\

Because when I regenerated the archives, it was set to use the dates
from the sender's headers (i.e. the 'Date' header) as the true date.
Unfortunately, this leads to erroneous dates if the sender's computer
was misconfigured. The other option is to ignore the Date header and
instead use the envelope date. But I wasn't sure how to effect this
when regenerating Mailman archives.