[plug] Gmail Accounts

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 21 13:09:39 WST 2004

On Monday 21 June 2004 13:00, Craig Ringer wrote:
> James Devenish wrote:
> > Because I keep
> > 'sent' and 'received' e-mail in separate mailboxes, a flaw in my usage
> > of mutt is that it is inconvenient to construct some threads because
> > one half of the conversation is missing.

> It's for that reason that I use a 'filed' mailbox that I periodically
> deposit received and sent mail into. I can filter out the trivial things
> I don't want to bother keeping and keep the rest nicely arranged.

Mutt is certainly capable of keeping one-to-one conversations
organized. If you have a folder for each regular addressee, then you
file messages by default into "their" folder when you save the
message, and outgoing messages are easily diverted to the same if
the recipient matches.

Problems arise because there are too many "Peter"s, etc.