[plug] Gmail Accounts

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 21 13:16:23 WST 2004

On Monday 21 June 2004 13:04, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> On Monday 21 June 2004 12:35, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> > The disadvantage is that it doesn't lend itself to a hierarchical
> > structure and a plethora of tags may be just as confusing as a
> > bucket-load of folders.
>
> Heirarchical structures are overrated. (Nice broad statement, eh? ^_^)

Heirarchical structures have little use outside of genealogy. :-)

> As an example, Murdoch have this quite powerful Links Index. You
> want something, and it's important, it'll be in there. It's
> heirarchical dozens of different ways, categorised, etc, etc...
> And most people (including myself) just chuck a keyword into the
> search box.

Speling falme arside:

I believe that a reasonable means of searching all organizations of
mail folders was recently discussed. Cyrus-squatter.

Content-based indexing will find a message as quickly in a
hierarchical structure as in a huge flat file. To all intents and
purposes, anyway.