[plug] Gmail Accounts

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Mon Jun 21 15:49:58 WST 2004

On Monday 21 June 2004 13:16, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> On Monday 21 June 2004 13:04, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> >
> > Heirarchical structures are overrated. (Nice broad statement, eh? ^_^)
>
> Heirarchical structures have little use outside of genealogy. :-)

*ROFL*
Oops! Ahem. *berates internal spell-checker*

> I believe that a reasonable means of searching all organizations of
> mail folders was recently discussed. Cyrus-squatter.

That doesn't help, though, if the IMAP client has a lousy search form though,
does it? What IMAP client has a search field to search all folders, all
messages, available from the default "view"?

> Content-based indexing will find a message as quickly in a
> hierarchical structure as in a huge flat file. To all intents and
> purposes, anyway.

I don't dispute that - as long as the UI allows you access to the
functionality, and as long as the Indexing implemented is a GOOD one. Just
because something has an index, doesn't mean it's fast, just like someone
with years of Industry Experience doesn't guarantee they're better for a job
than the next chap with less experience.

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |