[plug] Mailbox speeds

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Mon Jun 21 15:53:32 WST 2004

Hmm,

This has nothing to do with IMAP, or Cyrus, but it does have to do with
mailbox speeds, so I'm just going to continue this thread...

I have my email stored on my drive. There is 1.4Gb of it. It is stored
in 616 directories and 5007 files and it uses whatever format Evolution
uses. I'm using Evolution v1.4.6

Launching Evolution takes the better part of five minutes and finding
things can only be achieved with a grep.

There has to be a better way...

PS. This is still in the getting rid of silly workstation issues. I'm
still going through my XFree settings, but I suspect little gain from
there.

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S27°52'30" - E151°16'25" (Millmerran, QLD)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..