[plug] smtp madness.

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Jun 22 15:04:30 WST 2004

Yeah. What I'm suspecting is that this might be a adsl or somethign (some
bozo trying to have his own home server) , and somewhere somehow its all
going tit-about-ass with some sort of autoreply or something with bad
headers (so its not recognised by the mta)

The problem of course is that if this is the case then the ip block wont
work.

tcp        0      1 yourguild.murdoch.:2825 yhaaus.lnk.telstra:auth
SYN_SENT
tcp        0      0 yourguild.murdoch.:smtp yhaaus.lnk.telstra:8342
ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      0 yourguild.murdoch.:smtp yhaaus.lnk.telstra:8314
TIME_WAIT
tcp        0      0 yourguild.murdoch.e:ssh guild.murdoch.edu:53038
ESTABLISHED

This has been going on for a week!. Little has being showing in the logs
either, or little I can work with.

will hosts.deny do it?

--
"the vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And
we will find these people and we will bring them to justice."

Shayne O'Neill. http://www.perthimc.asn.au